John Waterman TREFETHEN0155
PARENTS: George TREFETHEN
(03 May 1843 - 02 June 1896)
Married Mary Adelaide STERLING
(29 May 1800 - 26 March 1870) and Sarah 'Sally' THOMPSON & Mrs. Mary Jane [THOMPSON] STONE
This was sent by sent by Mrs. Lloyd Nelson, asking "Who is this James W.?"
so I'm not sure it's placed correctly.
It was done by the Lewis Historical Pub. Co., date unknown
- Married on 08 January 1863; she was born 22 October 1844 Maine, died on 21 January 1913 in South Portland.
- Born in Bremen, Maine; Res. Portland, Maine. Died in South Portland.
- Owned a considerable amount of property.
- Moved to Portland and started the J.W. TREFETHEN Co., a wholesale/retail seafood market, which became very large and prosperous.
- Wife's parents: Mother: Lydia REED, born on 24 October 1815; Father: Abraham, born about 1826, son of Josiah & Mary TREFETHEN0101. Their history can be found in S.42, pgs. 1923-4.
- There's a photo of him in Bells' History of Exeter, New Hampshire [S50], and if it's NOT the same guy as above, PLEASE let me know (see below)!
(SOURCES: 7, 35, 36
, 42, 129)
- Charles Newell TREFETHEN0390 (13 January 1865 - ?)
- Newell Fales TREFETHEN1299 (13 January 1865 - ?) Born in Portland, Maine [S36: ME BIRTHS; SLC]. One record says he was born Haverhill, Massachusetts. Dates indicate he's a twin of Charles Newell0390
- Melville Waterman TREFETHEN0394 (21 May 1869 - 1902)
- Clara May TREFETHEN0395 (10 February 1873 - 1885) Married to George E. CROCKETT. Born in Portland, Maine [S36: ME VR- Births]
- Ida Florence TREFETHEN0393 (11 September 1877 - 1901) Married William A. SKINNER on 16 May 1902. Both were from South Portland [S36: ME BRIDE'S INDEX; SLC]